Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wallpaper. I do not like you.

I live in a house full of undiscovered wallpaper. I believe the former owners thought wallpaper was the cats meow. Not so much. If the wall doesn't have wallpaper is had wooden paneling. Oh yea. We have been fixing the kitchen, and it was my job to take the wallpaper down. No good.

I was one wallpaper pattern after another... sick. At least three different wallpaper patterns...

#1

Isn't it wonderful. Its not too bad, but with the damage caused by some water that wasn't invited in...it had to go!

#2

We still have the light country blue on our counter tops... a perfect match to this wallpaper! I don't know why the old owners covered it up! Thank goodness I discovered it!

#3

My personal favorite. Maybe because its still on the wall. I am finding it difficult to remove. So, its been up for two weeks now. I love it. Now, that is style!

This house has a story to tell....
Other wallpaper patterns found in the house:
  • A teddy bear "army" as my brother called it. The bedroom had over 300 teddy bears on the wall.
  • The cartoon pirate theme found in my bedroom.
  • More bears were found in my other brothers room.
  • dark forest green, maroon and gold stripes found in the other room.
  • The bathroom flowers of silver, blue and purple... and you can feel the flowers. It isn't smooth.
  • Laundry room with its deep red wallpaper and a topper of farm things
  • Other bathroom with bold flowers of deep blue and purple
  • The dinning room- stripes of pink, green, gold... under that bright orange and blue flowers.

I wish houses came with a story book from the former owners... what it looked like when they bought it- what they changed. It would help me understand what all I've found.







No comments: