Saturday, December 20, 2008

Honest...

Honestly,

  • I like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1 & 2.
  • I am reading The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by: Amy Brashares.
  • I like playing card and dice games.
  • I am bad at communication.
  • I waste too much time blaming others, when its my own pride that gets in the way.

What? she likes The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and deals with Pride....Yes, you read that right...

The past couple of weeks, nothing anyone could say or do was good enough for my attention. I know I am a snob. It was to me a weak attempt to encourage me. really, i am a jerk. Its not that I try to test my friendships or have these HUGE expectations. I just do it. Its a struggle. Its hard for me to express, I need help- I need to feel loved- I feel useless. HELP!!! And, in the end, I hurt myself. After reading some of my old journals- I am lame. And, need to get over myself.

During, small group this week, I was hit with some truth.

Someone was talking about the prayer of patience. And, when a group of them would go out to eat- and have to wait 2 hours before being seated...they would all look over to the woman who had prayed for it. Another person shared that they had prayed they would learn patience, and boy have they been put in situations where they wished that wasn't the case. I mean, at those moments...I would like to say "I take it back..." "Jk" "That's not going to fit into my routine, please change the schedule to learn this"

Well, guess what...it HITS me. In these moments when things are not going our way, or we have to wait...what are we valuing? Maybe its learning to value people as more important than ourselves, comfort and getting what I want right now!

I mean, I am a big girl, I should know how to handle situations...yet I don't ask for help from the one who is my creator!!!! nor do I value the people who are making my life stressful and wasting my time hello, i know its says in the Word, that we are to consider others as more important than ourselves and look to their interests above ours... But, don't you know who I am?! yes, I left out with humility...

Honestly,

  • I need help.
  • I need prayer.
  • I need to get over myself.

People are important.

No comments: