I am not sure about this...
anyways... 25 memories from college...
1. the Oklahoma State Fair... Oh, I think I didn't go my freshmen year- but every other year after that I went. One of my favorites was with Allison- we all got into her car... walked all around and laughed the whole time! And, when we took the international students.... I got great time to share my life with the girls in my car and build my friendship with them! Plus, we did everything thing we could at the fair!
2. Looking for a car at midnight... One of the girls on my hall wanted to go to wal-mart at midnight...So, I told her I would go with her. Well, she didn't know where she parked her car. We looked everywhere in one parking lot... and i asked her -was she sure she parked in this lot. Turns out she parked in another lot- and quickly found it.
3. Making T-Shirts... haha. My freshmen year the girls in my dorm decided to make t-shirts during finals week. It was awesome. We picked random animals to put on the shirt and put some crazy school name. It was a great way to end the school year.
4. The first time I met Kelsey... So, we were going to be on team together to go overseas- but we had never met. Thankfully, she didn't live very very very far away- and her home town wasn't too far from Norman. Well, one weekend she drove to Norman (maybe from her Grandmothers..I don't know) But, I remember her wearing Ugg boots.. and thinking this isn't going to be good. Another team member had made comments that he wasn't a fan of ugg boots. So, she came- we went next door, helped out amy and dan with their invites, maybe there was a fire pit, and finally just chilled.
5. Fighting in Adams... I guess my friend Allison and I got bored one night...so we pretended to fight at the bottom of Adams (its a dorm). I am pretty sure we could only pretend for a few minutes and then we would start laughing. I really don't know why we did this, but we did.
6. Chats with Lauren, Mary, Felicia, Kelsey and Beca... I was honored to be able to meet with each of these girls over the years at OU. There was countless times I would walk away challenged and encouraged.
7. Stealing the bird... It was my junior year, Erin (my roommate) and I decided to steal a stuffed animal from our other roommate Courtney. It worked out well, because one of our guy neighbors had been to our room and attempted to hide the stuffed bird under a bunch of pillows. So, after he left, one of the girls down the hall joined in the fun. We took the bird, made a fake ransom note with the bird behind bars... and hid it.
8. Elf man... another memory from my junior year... It was a late night and my roommate Erin and I were up late- because we didn't know when to go to bed. We usually left our door open and that night we had a guy dressed up as an elf come to the door... and after he left I told Erin, "in these situations you have to handle things with grace"
9. Middle man... I was the "middle man" for Hailey and Beca. And, I believe they came up with a song for me. :)
10. Chaperon... Uh, right. My dear friends Lauren and Cacey (who are now married) would include me in random adventures around town and at glorieta (spring break). And, I remember each of them at different times saying.. "oh, don't worry we have a chaperon." I really enjoyed getting to see their relationship grow and develop! And, was happy to be the extra person. :)
11. Road trip to San Antonio... One weekend, Lauren and I decided to make a trip to her hometown. It was a great weekend, until I was told that she wanted me to dye her hair. And, to dye it RED. I believe I kept telling her I can't do this until you talk to your mother... Well, we dyed her hair. And, it was very red. Another great part of the weekend was driving home.. we made the most of our time in traffic by singing to N'Sync. :) Ha.
12. PSBBB... Post Spring Break Beach Blowout at the Duck Pond! After spring break my freshmen year- my pals: Liz, Daryl, and Allison wanted to celebrate Post Spring Break. Oh, we did. We made t-shirts, went to the duck pond, took pictures with a huge stuffed dog, and had fun. GREAT times!
13. Trips to Wichita, Kansas... I went to Wichita a couple of times. Each time was great! There was training, laser tag, jimmie's, canoe, Frisbee golf, parks, tutelage, ice creams, questions, answers, and new friends!
14. DT... Oh, what a great time...those girls were awesome! I loved at the end of each meeting we would pray together, but I usually would sing "Let us pray."
15. Going to see the lights... In Chickasha, Oklahoma there is a display of Christmas lights in a park. You would walk around.. take pictures, play, run around under a tree, and leave.
16. Maria leaving... It was very emotional when my roommate Maria was going back home to Germany. Yet, we still found something to laugh at. Well, Kelsey and I did. A photoshop picture of mountains in colorado and the star trek enterprise. Hahaha. SPACESHIP!
17. Making cookies for International Students... before Christmas break I made cookies for some of my friends who were returning home from overseas. My roommate, Felicia and I spent one night delivery them. It was such a fun night- and great conversations!
18. MT Retreat at Warr Ranch... uh, pretty much the best retreat ever! It was a great time of learning and bonding...but we also had so much fun. We made a scavenger hunt for the guys on our team and laughed the whole weekend! Plus, the drive up there was awesome! :)
19. Studying for Zoology.... Yes, if it wasn't for those study groups I would have failed. NO doubt. But, we didn't always study- we would be ridiculous.
20. Random times in the Union... many days and nights were spent studying, playing, laughing, crying, dancing, and sharing life in the Union.
21. Gilmore Girls... Yes, I loved going over to Kristin's apartment to watch Gilmore Girls. It was the best part of Tuesday nights! :)
22. Baby-Sitting...I was able to baby-sit for two great families in my college career. It was such a joy to watch these families love their children and train them!
23. Eating in Cate... laughs and more laughs.
24. Project Impact: Phoenix and Chicago... stories stories stories...
25. Secret Saints- I already told the story. Awesome.
I am surprised what I remember too... and still I have more stories in my head. Oh dear!
Xóc Đĩa – Chơi Xóc Đĩa Online Luôn Thắng
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment