Tuesday, September 09, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things... continued...

Favorite: SUPERMAN


Okay, where do I begin? I can't say I was the biggest fan as a child. I do remember seeing the movies, watching the cartoons, and hearing the local kids debate who was better Batman, Spiderman, Superman... and so on. I watched Lois and Clark, yet in the past (lets say) 8 years its been an ongoing theme...

So, here I go.

1. the WB started a new show called Smallville and I was hooked. It was the TV show my father and I would watch together- and still do to this day. My parents would tape it for me when I was away at college because I had something to do that night. And, when each episodes came out on DVD they were top on my birthday/christmas list!

2. it didn't become uncommon to get superman themed gifts. my room had become a dumping ground for awesome gifts such as this poster.

3. sadie hawkins dance in my khaki pants, there's nothing better...Oh, Oh, Oh... Yes, for Sadie Hawkins my senior year- my date and I went as Clark Kent/Superman/Lois Lane. No doubt.

4. I'd like to thank my friend, Emily, for participating with me, in giving nicknames such as: Superman, Batman and Robin... hahahaha.


5. Its wasn't until college that my love for Superman was reached.. (hahahaha) Before Valentine's Day, the local BSU organized an event called Secret Saints. It was were you filled out this questionnaire with all your favorites... then each girl was given a guy to encourage for a week and each guy was given a girl to encourage for a week. And, it was a secret who had you!

  • In 2005, my secret saint was awesome. Who knew, that when you say, you like Superman you would get such a treat! I had mention in my questionnaire that I liked Superman. Little did I know, that Superman would visit me in my classroom. And, it wasn't in the hallway before or after class it was during class. I was sitting down in my desk waiting for my professor to begin class. It seem to be taking him a little long to check attendances- but I had no idea what was coming. I was chatting with my friend and BAM! A young man dressed as Superman jumped in my classroom (a little overwhelming) and announced that I was his biggest fan, signed a superman piggy bank doll and leaped out of the classroom. It was amazing. I am pretty sure, I was little freaked out and my heart was pounding a little too fast, but it was AWESOME! (Yes, I made a cartoon with how it went down.)

  • In 2006, my secret saint was awesome. His encouragement with Superman wasn't as dramatic as the year before but he did a good job. He made a cake and with icing created the image of Superman! It looked great and tasted very good!

So, I believe that Superman is one of my favorites...

2 comments:

Brent and Emily said...

Oh Superman...

Good times we had, no?

I still have the Batman pillowcase you gave me, it gets used occasionally when I go camping, or if there is a child staying at my house. I always think of you. And our silliness.

:)

Krae said...

Oh the superman story. Makes me laugh everytime...