Monday, September 08, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

Favorite: ROCKS

I collected ROCKS. I organized them and everything. And, to this day, I still pick up rocks from the places I have lived or visited. But, wait there is more.

While I was in 1st grade, I decided to share my love for rocks and show them off! Little did I know, that it would result in my appearance in a magazine. My teacher's sister was a magazine editor-ish lady... and she was doing an article about young collectors. She called my parents up and they came to my house and took pictures. I was only seven years old. Three years later, the magazine article came out.

Awesome, no?

No, the awesomeness continues...

During a week with friends, we gifted a rock for someone. A ROCK. Why? Well, because it seemed like a good idea at the time. So, thirteen years after this magazine article released I gifted a ROCK. I guess, I never grew out of my love for rocks...

You may ask, why are rocks one of your favorite things? Because, when you can say you were in a magazine for collecting rocks, were able to give a small dirty rock as a gift, and are still picking up rocks after all these years... it becomes one of those favorite things.

Or at least an ongoing theme... like my next favorite thing- superman. But, that's for another day.

1 comment:

Krae said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.

You are one of my favorite things.