Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Okay... I hear you now.

"I decided to live like I belong to the kingdom" Living Your Life as a Beautiful Offering by Angela Thomas

"I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved." John 10:9
"I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 "If you continue in My word, you really are My disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:31-32

"On the other side of the narrow gate is the narrow road. This is where most of us are right now. We have come to know Jesus as our Savior and it's time to walk down the narrow path. Some of you have been going with me but you feel like the narrow road is beginning to close in. You feel like you have to give up too much. You might even feel mad.
The narrow road is not narrow-mindedness.
The narrow road is not a list of rules to be kept.
The narrow road is not doctrinal correctness.
The narrow road is not a lonely road.
The narrow road is not the opposite of everything good and fun and desirable.
The narrow road is obedience...
Freedom comes from obedience. Obedience is not perfection. Obedience is the road you walk when you decide to live out the teachings of Jesus."
Living Your life as a Beautiful Offering by Angela Thomas
"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God." 1 Corinthians 4:3-5
Last night, I found myself lost in these words... I had read them before the evening, but it was the fact that I could see situations when I didn't live it out. Where I found myself caught up in whatever and I lost the heart of other people. Where I thought only of myself and what others were going to think of me by making a decision. Afraid to move forward. Afraid of speaking up. Afraid of messing everything up again. I got stuck in the past.
So, I am going to move forward. I am going to continue to live my life as I belong to the kingdom. And, not being afraid to stand up for myself and who I am. I am worth more.

No comments: