Thursday, June 16, 2011

a manhunt

Oh the excitement in this little neighborhood.

A manhunt.

Yes, someone escaped from police custody. And, that little booger ran into my neighborhood.

Excitement.

Police, EVERYWHERE! I went outside to see what was the big deal. I mean, its not everyday you have two cops at the both stop signs between your house stopping cars and the cars changing directions. Not everyday, folks. And, its not everyday we have a strange looking helicopter flying above your house.

It was my first clue, I should get inside the house and lock all the doors. You know, because this isn't our first rodeo. We experienced this before... but a different story with bank robbers.

Oh my sweet little neighborhood, filled with such drama!

I went outside, again. Looking back, I probably should have stayed inside my house. You know, because the cops were looking for someone and had guns. It seemed to be a little more serious this time.

I watched the motorcycle cop drive on the walk-path in the neighborhood.

EXCITEMENT!

The escaped suspect was caught. Everything is back to normal for this little neighborhood.

The bad thing about this manhunt, we didn't know what was going on in the neighborhood. It was about an hour or more after the escape, that ONE news station online had a tiny report.

It wasn't until tonight, when we read the email sent from the neighborhood website that gave us the dirt.

A manhunt. It is a lovely way to spend your afternoon.

No comments: