Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Miss Lucy Goose

I have some amazing memories....














Yesterday, was a horrible day.

I mean, it was bad. I kept saying, I take it back...

We had to put down our beloved dog of 14 years. She was 14 1/2. Oh boy, she was old!

I love her and it is hard. My heart is broken.
She was my companion.




I am thankful she was apart of my life. Yes, a dog.



Lucy joined our family in 1997.


My family moved to Pennsylvania. I was in 7th grade, starting a new school in the middle of the school year. Yes, it was a transition. Yes, I hated every minute.

In February 1997, we decided to add another animal to our bunch. At the time, we had 2 cats (Fred "White Cat" and Henry "Orange Cat") and a little dog (Nellie). A golden retriever was the best choice.

We searched and found the perfect dog. I remember getting down on the ground and watched this little (BIG) pup walk to me. She was my dog.

Lucy.




Her name came quickly. It was perfect. She was friendly. She was lovable. She was a goose. Lucy loved the snow. Lucy loved to play. Lucy hated squirrels. I don't blame her those squirrels would taunt her day and night.


Lucy was a perfect fit to our family.

I miss her.

Thankfully, I have some amazing memories.

No comments: