Tuesday, March 22, 2011

family


My parents are adorable!


I have been researching about my family. I love looking at old photographs of my family. It is awesome. Thankfully, both grandmothers have been able to provide a great deal of resources! Photos, Stories and Documents!


In May, I was able to visit with my granny and ask her questions about her childhood. She lived with her grandparents on a farm in Oklahoma.

(family farm, my granny's grandparents and their children.)

My granny's father left my great-granny. My great-granny was a single mom with 3 young children with one on the way.

My great-granny's parents opened up their home. It was what they did for family and friends.


(Sadie and U.W., my granny's grandparents)

My granny shared sweet stories about her grandparents, family dinners, playing in the mud and moving from Oklahoma to Texas.

I have a great appreciation for my granny and her family.

My research doesn't end with my granny. I have been able to add many members to my family tree for both sides of my family. One of my favorite discoveries is a picture of my 3rd Great Grandfather on my dad's side.

(George Washington C*.... no, not the president.)

No comments: