I have had the responsibility to make the family meals for the last two weeks.I decided on Thursday, I would make breakfast for dinner.
It was an excellent plan.
We had a 'just add water' pancake mix. All you have to do is add water. They provide the bottle too! Easy, huh?
I made sure the lid was on tight. Maybe too tight.
I was shaking the bottle for 30 seconds. It is what the instructions said.
The instructions also said, tap the bottom.
I did that too. I am SO sorry I did.
Liquid Pancake Mix EVERYWHERE.
Right at that moment, I walked into the family room.
Just my luck.
You know, liquid pancake mix is REALLY hard to clean up.
It was on the leather chairs, the coffee table, the bar stools, my laptop, the carpet and me.
It was gross.
It was horrible.
At that moment, I questioned the desire to have children. Or even work with children.
Sadly, I wasn't able to clean it up. After a week, the carpet is still a lovely shade of pancake. Really, its beautiful. You can see the impact. I need to buy carpet cleaner.
I don't remember the moments leading up to the pancake explosion. I just remember see the mixture hit the floor.

No comments:
Post a Comment