Wednesday, August 26, 2009

becoming a woman of simplicity.

I am currently reading a book called, Becoming a Woman of Simplicity. It is written by Cynthia Heald. I read another book from her called, Becoming a Woman of Freedom. It changed my outlook on many of the things I held dear, yet were a hindrance in my life. She explained the process of laying them down in order to gain freedom. It was wonderful, and this book is turning out to be awesome too!

I am only on page 20, but I have been doing the study slowing and journaling on the different questions and scriptures. She wrote, "My definition of a woman of simplicity is one who lives a God-paced life. She waits for God's leading and she has time to be still and know her Lord. She has a deep abiding rest in her spirit. She is a woman of profound simplicity because she has only one focus:being simply and purely devoted to Christ."(pg. 15)

On Sunday, the question "you have been created, but have you been filled?" was asked... and I could answer with a little more than two months ago... I felt for some time now that I have been running on empty. And, have been looking for different sources to fill me. I could slowly feel my heart turn bitter towards many things in my life and I had to take step back.

I put my phone on silent, read a few emails, checked facebook every now and then and started to read scripture. And, I am starting to learn about simplicity. And to cherish the things I hold dear.

I can't wait to continue to read, Becoming a Woman of Simplicity. And, to fight for the important things in my life!

No comments: