Its like a parallel universe. Everything the same, with palm trees instead of pine trees. Thankfully, I made my journey before the 'rush.' I got to visit with a friend who was here in Houston for a few short days. It was an afternoon of talking and laughing. My friend was staying with her sister, BIL and nieces. We were treated to some homemade pizza. And, entertaining children!
The plan was the leave after dinner, with hope that traffic would be a little "better." Only problem, it got late, very fast. We were talking and laughing. We got to talk with a friend in Oklahoma. And, I ended up spending the night.

After lunch, I made the journey back north. My worse nightmare. It took FOREVER. Only 1 hour to get there, 1 hour and 45 minutes to get back. Gross. Thankfully, I was quick on my 'feet' and took another highway. Because, there is NO way I would stay in traffic going NOWHERE.
All in all, it was a great trip.

A picture of the three of us...top 2006, bottom 2009.

No comments:
Post a Comment