I've done a poor job with taking pictures. No lie. So, I have to use old photos. Only problem, I forget how great those moments were. Because, it just gets filed away. Stored for a rainy day.
Confession: I wouldn't say, I 'miss' people. Wait, that's sound bad. I've never felt that I was missed, so I haven't put much emotion into it. Things happen, we move on, reality hits. And, what does it really mean to 'miss something'? Anyone? So, really... I do miss people, I just don't know how to express it. (Better?)
I do feel emotional when it comes to places I've been.. the memories we shared. But, mostly its what I've not been able to experience- or didn't do while I was there.
Even still, I go to Oklahoma. Nothing, nada... I can't even believe I spent 5 years there. I never called it home. I was just a place I survived. A place that was a blessing, but really really hurt my heart.
Confession: I wanted to leave after my freshmen year, but didn't because I hate giving up on things. Or being seen as a failure. (Come on people, I've got issues- Did you not hear before... I don't really 'miss' people)
So, in the past couple of months.. I've been really truly trying to have a new attitude if you will... a transformation of the heart. Because as awesome as I believe I am... I am starting believe others are not seeing it. Prideful. I know, I know. Is it so much to be appreciated? Poor attitude.
Confession: I was sitting in the car with a friend, and we were chatting about how we felt with this new group of individuals. And, bam. The problems lies with me.
So, what am I trying to do with it? To be THANKFUL. Because, as much as people have hurt me- and how I feel like I've been pushed to the side. I put my expectations on others. As much as I would like to have apologies for things that don't even matter, I still become a ball of frustration.
Anyway, the goal. To express my thankfulness for the influence people have had on my life. Small or Big- people impact us. And, if I feel under appreciated, others do too. Its certainly made me cheerful. And, that's creepy.
Confession: (Last one, promise) I don't know.

No comments:
Post a Comment