Friday, March 07, 2008

In case you forgot...

I spent a summer in both Phoenix and Chicago...
And, I was blessed to hear from one of my dear girls I lead in Chicago. I just remember being so afraid of messing things up and the fact that 3 out of 4 of the girls in my group were older than me- and never had any contact with me before the summer scared me the pieces.

It’s just the lesson that I've been taught all in college... with every roommate situation/living situation I had and the summer projects/trips overseas. I've been placed around a group of people I had never met before and had to build relationships with and share my life! Share my life?! Yikes.
It’s true what I heard in College. VulnerabilityBased Trust- it works. Sometimes its gets messy, but it’s totally worth it. I wouldn't have moments like this- when I heard from friend that I haven't seen in over a year, and she share her heart. I love that. We're family, we're in this together.
So, get to know people you don't normally run with- share your heart with those you haven't. You never know, you might just meet some of your best friends because an organization/group of people put you in a group together! :)

1 comment:

Ronnica said...

I totally agree, Sarah. I've made some great friends by being put in situations with strangers: dorm living, Phoenix, Turkey, and seminary. I love that I have friends across the map and from different backgrounds than myself.